The National Park of Permet, known as The Fir of Hotova, is one of the largest parks in South Albania. What makes this place different is the abundance of vegetation and the climate. Ninety-eight percent of the park consists of conifers, which create a stunning landscape. Even though it is a 1 hour 30 minutes drive from Permet, the park reaches an elevation of 1600 - 1800 meters compared with Permet at 240 meters. This drastic change creates a micro-climate with heavy snow in the winter and cool days in the summer. The Nation Park is the best place to organize a family trip or go with a group of friends. There are numerous designated hiking paths and a great balcony close to the main spring, which is perfect for a picnic.
- To travel to the National Park, a 4x4 vehicle or similar is needed.
- In the absence of a suitable vehicle, contact our staff to book a taxi or a minibus at an affordable price.
- Do not forget to take snacks or water for the trip.
- Bring something to keep you warm because the temperature of the park is much lower than in Permet, even in summer.
- Do not miss the chance to have a nice picnic close to the main spring.